Myanmar Industry Facts:
- Tourism numbers are increasing rapidly with over 8 million arrivals expected in 2018. Compared with 3.1 million arrivals recorded in 2014.
- Myanmar’s tourism industry brought revenues of US$905 million into the economy in 2014. A 400% increase on US$171 million in 2004 and revenues are expected to keep increasing exponentially.
- Yangon’s new international airport is due for completion in 2020.
- In 2014 the number of hotels in Myanmar grew from 787 to 1,106 and this number will keep on increasing with many new hotels under construction and many more planned.
- The value of Myanmar’s retail industry grew 20% in 2014 with supermarkets and convenience stores stocking increasing amounts of international products due to increased demand.
Copyright © 2013- 2016 Bangkok Exhibition Services Ltd. All rights reserved.